Marathon Offshore Swordfish Tournament Rules:
- Captain’s Meeting Thursday Oct , 19th 1pm-6pm, Captain’s Meeting: Located at Two Conchs Bait & Tackle, 11499 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, Fl 33050
- Tournament Dates: Oct, 20th, 21st and 22nd
- Anglers can fish any 2 Days of the 3 Tournament days.
- Friday the 20th, Saturday the 21st & Sunday the 22nd, 2023 are the days eligible to fish for the tournament, of which it is your choice to choose the 2 days you would like to fish for the tournament.
- You must declare your 2 days of fishing on Thursday at the Captains meeting between 1pm-6pm. If a change is needed after the Captains Meeting you must contact a tournament director.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday, lines in at 7:00 AM & No lines out time. This is a daytime only tournament.
- Weigh Station @ Two Conchs 11587 Overseas Hwy. Marathon, Fl 33050 open at 4:00 PM and closes at 7:00 PM Friday, Saturday & Sunday will be from 3pm-6pm. (must report to weigh master by 6 pm)
- Electric reels are permitted
- Charter boat rules (meaning joint efforts to land the fish as needed)
- SCORING: Scoring by weight: All scoring in the tournament is based on the weight of single fish entered by registered anglers.
- In The event of an exact tie in weight, winners will be determined by the time of sign-in at weigh in.
- Fishing Boundaries: Vessels must depart & return from Monroe County and fish in US waters (Bahamas & Cuba off limits). Fishing boundaries from Key Largo to Key West. Boats Can not go past the EEZ Line
- Any changes to your Registration Form can be made in person or via email email@example.com
- Polygraph: All winning teams will be subject to and must pass polygraph testing. Refusal to take the test will result in disqualification. Any person aboard the boat also may be subject to and must pass the polygraph test. Refusal to take the test will result in disqualification. Polygraph tests will include but will not be limited to questions on angling and landing procedures and species of fish. Polygraph tests are final and winners are not official until test results are obtained.
- All protests must be in writing and submitted to the Tournament Director Jack Carlson on the day of the alleged violation by 6:00 p.m. with a deposit of $500.00. If the alleged violation is found to have occurred, the deposit of $500.00 will be refunded. If the Rules Committee finds no violation, the deposit will not be refunded. The decision of the Rules Committee will be final.
- PRIZES: Redemption of all prizes must be claimed by the winner in person, at the time and place the prize is scheduled to be awarded. In cases of special hardship only, the tournament board may permit prizes to be claimed by a representative of the winner. Prizes not claimed in accordance with these rules remain property of the tournament. Only one boat can win one place
- LIABILITY: All entrants participate in the tournament at their own risk. Marathon Offshore Swordfish Tournament, Tournament Staff, Big Time Bait & Tackle/ Two Conchs Tackle, Isla Bella Beach Resort, Two Conchs Marina, Tom Thumb Food Stores and & Tournament Sponsors, and all other persons directly or indirectly connected with the operation of the tournament are exempt from any liability for loss, damage, injury, negligence, or harm to any entrant, their companions or other participants, boat captains, crew members, vessels, or equipment which may occur during the tournament.
- RULINGS AND RULES COMPLIANCE: Rules violations, the eligibility of entrants or entered fish, disqualifications, and any other matters not specifically covered by these rules will be decided by the Tournament Judge in consultation with the Tournament staff.
- ENTRY FEES: Entry fees for Marathon Offshore Swordfish Tournament are as follows: $2500 entry fee per boat.
- WEATHER CONTINGENCY: The tournament will not be canceled or postponed due to weather or sea conditions. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- SAFETY AND CONDUCT: Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws and rules for safe boating, including those regarding USCG equipment requirements. Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws pertaining to the taking of marine fish. Participants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship and courtesy. Any participant who exhibits threatening behavior or who otherwise engage in disorderly, illegal or improper conduct of any kind is subject to immediate disqualification from the Tournament. Willful violations of marine laws or other violations of safe and proper conduct may lead to disqualification. Fishing must be performed in accordance with principles of good sportsmanship, and in compliance with these and IGFA rules as published in the IGFA World Record Game Fish book under “International Angling Rules.” Swordfish Tournament rules will be strictly adhered to, and all decisions of the Tournament Director will be final. Any angler(s), captain(s), or mate(s) found to be in any violation of any tournament rule may be disqualified from this tournament.
- All fishing must be on the US side of the EEZ line. Any boats that past the EEZ line will be disqualified.
Capt. Jack Carlson
Registration Deadline Oct 19th 6:00
$2500 on or before Oct. 12th
$3000 on or after Oct. 13th