Tom Thumb Marathon Offshore Bull & Cow Dolphin Tournament Rules:
- Captain’s Meeting Friday April 30th , 9am-6pm, Captain’s Meeting: Located at The Angler’s Closet 2920 Overseas Hwy, Marathon, Fl. 33050
- Tournament Dates: May 1st and 2nd
- Saturday & Sunday, lines in at 8am & lines out 3:30pm
- Weigh Station @ Faro Blanco Resort & Marina 1996 Overseas Hwy. Marathon, Fl 33050 is open from 4pm-6pm Saturday & Sunday (must report to weigh master by 6pm)
- IGFA Rules Apply: The entrant credited with a catch in tournament scoring must have hooked and played the fish to boat-side or shore personally, without assistance. Normal sport fishing practices for landing a fish (e.g. gaffing, wiring, or landing nets) may be assisted. Fish must be hooked and landed on a single rod and reel. (Braid line is permitted)
- SCORING: Scoring by weight: All scoring in the tournament is based on the weight of single fish entered by registered anglers. Single category: Individual anglers or teams may hold only one place at a time in a single category. However, one fish may hold a single place in multiple categories. Subsequent Entries: Individual anglers or teams may improve their standing in a given category with subsequent entry of larger fish at any time before the close of the tournament.
- In The event of an exact tie in weight, winners will be determined by the time of sign-in at weigh in.
- Fishing Boundaries: Vessels must depart & return from Monroe County and fish in US waters (Bahamas & Cuba off limits)
- Any changes to your Registration Form can be made in person or via email email@example.com
- Polygraph: All winning teams will be subject to and must pass polygraph testing. Refusal to take the test will result in disqualification. Any person aboard the boat also may be subject to and must pass the polygraph test. Refusal to take the test will result in disqualification. Polygraph tests will include but will not be limited to questions on angling and landing procedures and species of fish. Polygraph tests are final and winners are not official until test results are obtained.
- All protests must be in writing and submitted to the Tournament Director Jack Carlson on the day of the alleged violation by 6:00 p.m. with a deposit of $500.00. If the alleged violation is found to have occurred, the deposit of $500.00 will be refunded. If the Rules Committee finds no violation, the deposit will not be refunded. The decision of the Rules Committee will be final.
- PRIZES: Redemption of all prizes must be claimed by the winner in person, at the time and place the prize is scheduled to be awarded. In cases of special hardship only, the tournament board may permit prizes to be claimed by a representative of the winner. Prizes not claimed in accordance with these rules remain property of the tournament.
- LIABILITY: All entrants participate in the tournament at their own risk. Marathon Offshore Bull and Cow Dolphin Tournament, Tournament Staff, Big Time Bait & Tackle, Isla Bella Beach Resort, Faro Blanco Resort, Tom Thumb Food Stores and & Tournament Sponsors, and all other persons directly or indirectly connected with the operation of the tournament are exempt from any liability for loss, damage, injury, negligence, or harm to any entrant, their companions or other participants, boat captains, crew members, vessels, or equipment which may occur during the tournament.
- RULINGS AND RULES COMPLIANCE: Rules violations, the eligibility of entrants or entered fish, disqualifications, and any other matters not specifically covered by these rules will be decided by the Tournament Judge in consultation with the Tournament staff.
- ENTRY FEES: Entry fees for Marathon Offshore Bull and Cow Dolphin Tournament are as follows: Early Registration: Team-$675 Late Registration: on or after April 19th Team- $775 Up to 6 anglers per team includes 6 Awards banquet & Captain’s meeting tickets
- WEATHER CONTINGENCY: The tournament will not be canceled or postponed due to weather or sea conditions. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- SAFETY AND CONDUCT: Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws and rules for safe boating, including those regarding USCG equipment requirements. Participants are expected to follow all applicable laws pertaining to the taking of marine fish. Participants are expected to follow high standards of sportsmanship and courtesy. Any participant who exhibits threatening behavior or who otherwise engage in disorderly, illegal or improper conduct of any kind is subject to immediate disqualification from the Tournament. Willful violations of marine laws or other violations of safe and proper conduct may lead to disqualification. Fishing must be performed in accordance with principles of good sportsmanship, and in compliance with these and IGFA rules as published in the IGFA World Record Game Fish book under “International Angling Rules.” Bull & Cow tournament rules will be strictly adhered to, and all decisions of the Tournament Director will be final. Any angler(s), captain(s), or mate(s) found to be in any violation of any tournament rule may be disqualified from this tournament.
Capt. Jack Carlson
Registration Deadline April 18th, Late Entry Fee of $775 after April 18th. Entry
Fees: Pre-registration: $675/ team. * Up to 6 anglers per team includes 6 Awards banquet & Captain’s meeting tickets